Ambient guitar effects patch

I have posted an ambient guitar effects patch on Patch Storage here:

https://patchstorage.com/ambient-guitar/

Inspired by Chords of Orion’s YouTube channel, I was wanting to get into ambient soundscapes. So turn up the feedback and drown in sound. :slight_smile:

Chain:
Compressor -> Distortion -> Delay -> Reverb with a looper before the delay.

The first 6 white keys are for accessing the pages. Hold an effects page and press AUX button to bypass it (delay and reverb tails will still ring out).

The first 3 black keys are for looper functions.

An expression pedal controls volume input for swells. There is a LPF to the input as my guitar is quite noisy, there’s a slider in the main.pd file to change the cutoff frequency if it doesn’t suit anyone’s taste.

I have a MIDI guitar pedal on the way so will add some extra mappings when it arrives. :slight_smile:

cool! looking forward to trying it!

: D

Looks great, and thanks for the clean and instructional patch layout! Very much looking fwd to trying new expression pedal with this.

Thanks!

Just meant to add that I’ve added a LPF to the input as my guitar is quite noisy, there’s a slider in the main.pd file to change the cutoff frequency if it doesn’t suit anyone’s taste.

do you need expression pedal to hear something? I don’t hear any output (although input does register on the meter)

There should be a [loadbang] that sets the expression input to 1 in the absence of an expression input. Unless I’ve not set it up properly… :roll_eyes:

Having said that, tried unplugging the expression pedal here and works ok at my end. There are a few places that would kill the sound (threshold on the compressor and dry / wet balance on the looper), perhaps check there? I am also assuming that you of all people have got the volume up on the Organelle… :wink::rofl:

Does anyone else have a problem with this patch?

i’m getting a rather nice sound with my keyboard running through it.
i don’t have an expression pedal.