Fluidsynth~ Vintage Synth Series: JUPITER 2.2 update

Thank you so much for taking the time to write that out :slight_smile:
Will try it out shortly and give some feedback

Hey @icaroferre
Using VNC to do this:

Not sure why, But when I type
sudo /home/music/scripts/remount-rw.sh

in the terminal and push enter nothing seems to happen is that normal?

After that I canā€™t copy the unzipped install-LADSPA (from my laptopā€™s desktop) onto the VNC Viewer where SD card is located (nor can I drag it)
So Iā€™m guessing that has to do with the code above?

Or for step 3 do you mean that Iā€™m meant to copy the unzipped file onto the patches directory from the usual online organelle patch folder?

Yeah, you wonā€™t get any visual feedback for that remount step, if you press enter and donā€™t get any errors then it should mean that it ran successfully.

As for the Install-LADSPA folder, I mean to copy the folder itself to the Patches folder (so the files are inside /Patches/Install-LADSPA).
I think the easiest option might be to transfer the Install-LADSPA.zip file to the Patches folder via the Organelleā€™s web interface and select the Install Install-LADSPA.zip file on the Organelle to unzip it.

1 Like

Yeah dog I think itā€™s finally up and running :grinning:
I am frothing. Can you check something for me, now Iā€™ve done that I still have the install-LADSPA file, can that be deleted? Got the Jupiter working which is so exciting.
I donā€™t know if you have tried Hammond3 https://patchstorage.com/hammond3/
but is that also only monophonic for you? just want to make sure. But seems like itā€™s worked charms

Wohoo! Glad it worked!
Yeah, once youā€™ve copied the files you can delete the install folders.

Hmm I havenā€™t checked out the Hammond yet but Iā€™ll give that a try later today and give you some feedback.

Thanks @icaroferre. I managed to get everything installed via terminal with the commands provided. Iā€™ve Installed the following and hereā€™s what workin.
Arp: Reverb doesnā€™t seem to work,Envelope not working.
Fairlight: Reverb doesnā€™t seem to work. Envelope not working
Hammond3: No sound
Jupiter: Reverb doesnā€™t seem to work,Envelope attack works but nothing else
Sequential: Reverb doesnā€™t seem to work. Envelope not working

same here. I installed the OS 4.0 on my Organelle M and the vintage synth series were suddenly working but some parameters like you described donā€™t seem to work.
Thanks for your help @icaroferre !

1 Like

The Reverb is a LADSPA plugin
ALL the .so files [ladspa plugins] need to go in

/usr/lib/ladspa
You can follow icarroā€™s guide but make sure you place the .so files in the right place!

Hi

I am on Organelle 1 with last OS, everything on the SD Card and i would like to install both LADSPA & FluidSynth.

I failed the installation trying to drag files and unzip, i saw the tutorial but 1st, how it works to do this ? : ā€œRe-mount the storage as read/write to be able to copy the filesā€

I just have to open the terminal on my Mac and enter the commands once that the Organelle is connected in AP via WiFi ?

Please @icaroferre / @shreeswifty could you help me to install ? i would love to try it
Thank you !!!

1 Like

This is what i see on the patches folder once i unzipped and reboot the organelle, this means that itā€™s good ?

You can copy the files using the webserver but in order to enter those terminal commands youā€™ll need to either (from easiest to more complex options):
Option 1 - Connect a monitor, mouse and keyboard to the Organelle and access itā€™s terminal that way
Option 2 - Connect to the Organelle via VNC. If youā€™re on OS 4 you can just enable it on the Wi-Fi settings and than use something like VNC Viewer on your Mac.
Option 3 - Access the Organelle via SSH from your Macā€™s terminal.

Once you get access to the Organelleā€™s terminal using one of these 3 options you can follow the steps I described in my previous post.

Thanks for your reply, i am now able to access to the organelle with the VNC but when i try to enter the commands i have this error, can you please explain me why ?

Perhaps that script is located somewhere else on the Organelle 1. I only have the M so I canā€™t confirm where youā€™d find that file.
I suggest looking around the file system or even here on the forum and replace the path of the .sh script with the correct path for the Organelle 1.

Thank you, i finally managed to find and do it myself. Everything works perfectly, i also installed and tried other vintage synth from @shreeswifty ! Now time to play & explore more ! :slight_smile:

hey, all, iā€™ve been trying to install fluidsynth on my organelle m, but iā€™m having some trouble.

is there anyone i can dm to help me out with this (please)?

sure whatā€™s going on

1 Like

HI
what do you mean ā€œLast OSā€ you mean the latest v4?

Hi
Yes exactly, OS 4.0 !

hey, patrick,

thanks for your help! :smile:

so, i downloaded the vintage.zip folder. maybe this wasnā€™t what i shouldā€™ve downloaded. after adding the .zip to organelleā€™s synthesizers folder, i unzipped it, which resulted in the individual synths spreading out to their respective alphabetical place in organelleā€™s snythesizers folder.
iā€™m able to load each synth, but none of them are audible. additionally, some of their parameters arenā€™t adjustable.

i tried following i caroferreā€™s directions, but considering the file doesnā€™t have the same name, organelle couldnā€™t locate them.

i donā€™t understand c/c++, so iā€™m not really sure what the issue is.