Future Organelle Hardware Ideas

Maybe I’m jumping the gun on this, but do any of you guys have any ideas for future Organelle hardware improvements or new features?

One that I think would be really useful is having LEDs under the keys that could light up during a sequence, so the lights run from left to right creating a (hopefully adjustable) 12, 16, or 24 step sequence. If any of you are familiar with the Korg Volca family, and even the Korg Minilogue and Monologue, they all have a “motion sequence” feature. Essentially, you can hit record and turn knobs and it will affect whatever synth sequence you have going and save the sequence that you turn knobs on top of whatever synth sequence or apreggiation you have going. This is the same thing as “automation” in your DAW. It works really well for filter sweeps and delay shifts. I also think this would work well for processing external audio running through the Organelle with a midi clock sync.

I also think having a second Aux button would open up a whole new world of possibilities!

Anybody else care to add ideas?

So the motion sequence will record knob movements? That sounds fun, and something I’ve wanted to try with the Organelle. It is definitely possible. They could be recorded while you record key presses, or after the fact (is this how the Korgs work?). We’ve experimented with another sequencer that records 4 tracks, using the Aux button to select tracks and the foot switch to toggle record.

Yes, essentially (maybe through built in midi?) it records the knob movements over whatever synth arp/sequence you have going on. This video explains it a bit starting around 4:45 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIdQje607Xw

I think it would be cool to have a patch that can edit a synth sequence like that but also to have a patch that doesn’t have built in sound and uses the “motion sequence” to modify sound through the input.

While we are on this topic, I think that infinite digital rotary encoders with LEDs (similar to a nord for example) would be an incredible feature. Also a 32 note keyboard would open up lots of sequencer functionality. Separate left and right inputs would be a nice perk. Also, I’ve wondered how possible le it would be to have an oscilloscope display like the minilogue. Dual displays would also open a whole world of programming currently not possible. The ability to display arrays from PD would be awesome for waveshaping, sequencing, wave table synthesis etc.

But by the same token, there is so much you CAN do with the organelle already. And the complication for programming by adding these features would perhaps negate the simple nature of the current layout.

I totally agree with Fuurther about the infinite digital rotary encoders with LEDs, and was thinking last night that a simple first tweak that would add a lot of control options would be to use knobs with a push feature (similar to the knob that controls patch selection) for the four main control knobs.

As I work my way through the currently available patches, I feel it would be nice to be able to delve further into some controls, but without sacrificing the aux button or parts of they keyboard. If the four control knobs also had push functionality, you could say have delay time on one knob, then by pushing it open up a delay menu with additional options, like stereo panning, etc…