Line in doesn't seem to be working

I may be missing something, as I just picked up one of these neat little machines, though when I plug in an external audio (synth, mic etc…) I’m not able to hear any sounds coming through externally (and at full volume…both organelle and external). I’m worried I have a faulty line in. Am I missing something? I’ve scrolled through all the different patches (especially the sampling patches). I’ve toggled all the different parameters and still no external sound though the external input value does register on the organelle.

Let me know if I’m just missing something.

If you record something, does that make sound?

no sound comes through when I record something. I’ve tried different patch cables as well

should the line in audio be playing through the machine consistently or only when recording?

After you’ve recorded does it play after hitting any of the keys? I know some patches don’t monitor the input and you’ll only hear the sound once you’ve recorded and played some notes. Other patches you can monitor the input, granular freezer for example.

1 Like

So after I record something (while not hearing anything) it doesn’t play anything back. I feel like it’s got to be a faulty input

Is it showing volume on the display to indicate it’s receiving a signal? Either way something isn’t right

yeah it shows that the external input volume is registering. I’ll play around it a little more when I get home from work then probably send it back to the distributer if it continues. Thanks for the comments everyone. Helps a lot. Nothing like getting this in the mail and not being able to use such an important feature.

Hopefully you can get it fixed and enjoy the thing as intended, hope it doesn’t dampen your spirits!

To confirm, you can hear audio output on other patches? We should limit the scope of this the ‘factory’ patches available here: http://organelle.io. For example, do you hear Analog Style out of the two line out jacks or the headphone jacks?

Hi, I’m from Argentina and i have the same issue. I can hear factory patches out of the two line out jacks , but nothing comes from the line input. The screen shows that the external input volume is registering, but there´s no volume output . What can i do?. Thanks.

Hi, I’m from Argentina and i have the same issue. I can hear factory patches out of the two line out jacks , but nothing comes from the line input. The screen shows that the external input volume is registering, but there´s no volume output . What can i do?. Thanks.

not all patches ‘monitor’ the input to the output, this is dependent on the patch.
Try “Granular Freezer” and make sure the Wet/Dry is at dry, i.e. 100%

thats it . it works. thank you.