MIDI adapter: DIN?

Hey all. Absolute MIDI noobie here. I recently ordered a couple TRS to MIDI adapters. I’ve got my Arturia MiniBrute 2 sending MIDI to my Organelle. MIDI settings —> no device. These adapters are 1010music TRS male to MIDI DIN. I have a sneaking suspicion that I’ve bought the wrong adapter, although I did have a discussion with the person I bought them from beforehand, who assured me that DIN and MIDI connectors share the same wiring, and that they should work for my purposes. Can anyone wager a guess as to where I’m going wrong, and how I can get my MiniBrute 2 to appear on my Organelle’s list of MIDI devices?

What are you trying to achieve through midi if you don’t mind me asking?

You should have the right cable as i use the same to send or recieve midi clock.
Have you selected the minibrute as your midi device under the midi options on the organelle (beneath or above the wifi settings).

Have you looked to see if your minibrute 2 midi port is sending midi to both usb and midi out (page 120)?

If organelle is not registering device under midi, it could be you need to try a usb to midi cable?

Hej!.
Any device connected to the midi ports it’s not gonna show it’s name in the midi settings menu. (they do show up just when you connect them through USB…) If you are having trouble getting the MiniBrute to play notes can be because Arturia has a different wiring to the ORganelle Trs midi . More info here: https://www.midi.org/midi-articles/trs-specification-adopted-and-released#:~:text=The%20document%20defines%20how%20to,communication%20over%20the%20TRS%20connection.&text=Many%20manufacturers%20have%20chosen%20to,mm%20"TRS"%20connectors%20instead.
Another possible trouble could be if the minibrute has some settings for its midi out but I would bet that the problem is due to the different Trs standard.

As an owner of both the 1010 blackbox and Organelle, the midi breakout adaptors from the blackbox will not work for the organelle. Blackbox uses midi type b cable and you need type a.

This is the link for the one I got on amazon and it does work. But they sell out fast so if you see it grab it.

MIDI TRS DIN Cable for Akai Korg Line-6 Littlebits Make Noise - MPC Studio MPX8 Electribe SQ-1 Mobilizer 0-Cast https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0797SG8RS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_DOpuFb46A9TZJ

Ah! The manual holds so much information. I should read it more carefully :wink: The out ports are both set to usb+midi.
My Organelle doesn’t detect the Minibrute2 when I connect them via the Organelle’s midi in/out ports, but it does detect it when I plug in the usb.
I don’t mind at all! I’m totally new to midi (and electronic instruments in general) and I’ve gone and I’ve got a a Boss DR 660 and a BeatStep Pro coming in the mail, so I’m trying to get a grasp on the whole midi concept before they arrive.

Oh, wow! Very interesting. Thank you! I’m going to read through this.

Thanks! I found one on reverb, I’ll try it out.