Hello! I’m considering purchasing an Organelle S, but first wanted to be sure it can support what I’d like to do.
I’ve got a Faderfox midi controller that I use to steer a generative sequencer Pure Data patch on my laptop. The patch then sends midi out to hardware synthesizers via my audio interface (which has midi I/O).
I’d essentially like to replace my laptop in this setup with the Organelle S. So, I’d like for it to run my pd patch which simultaneously listens for midi input from my controller and sends midi output to my synths.
A few questions:
- I saw something that said the Organelle doesn’t support simultaneous midi in and out “out of the box.” If I transferred my existing pd patch (which already does simultaneous midi in and out) onto the device, would things just work (maybe with some tweaking)? i.e., once I ironed out any kinks necessary to get the patch working correctly, then any time I opened that patch on the Organelle S, simultaneous midi in and out would be functional?
- Could the Organelle S provide power over USB to my Faderfox controller like my laptop does, or would I have to power the controller separately?
- Are there any gotchas or things I should know ahead of time with using the Organelle S as the midi brain / master clock source for a setup with multiple synths? Are there any example patches that do this someone could point me toward?
- Does the Organelle platform support all pd vanilla objects? I’ve seen a few posts mentioning issues with
- My sequencer patch uses a lot of abstractions (not subpatches) I’ve created. Are abstractions supported on Organelle? I assume so, but I wanted to be sure since most examples I’ve seen use subpatches, not abstractions.
Sorry if these questions have been answered elsewhere, but I didn’t see anything too clear. Just didn’t want to commit to a purchase without being sure my use case is supported. Thanks!