MIDI Step Sequencer

Hello everyone, and I apologize in advance if I am reoccurring on a topic that is already discussed in the forum. I’ve searched enough, but I haven’t found what I’m looking for.
I wonder if there is a patch that allows the Organelle to be used as a step sequencer for an external synthesizer. Something kind of Korg’s SQ-1 … I’ve seen the multicycle for orac, but I don’t think it’s designed to be used in this way.
Thank you

1 Like

Is this what you are after?

Organelle MIDI Sequencer and Audio Effect in One Patch! (Feb’17)

I think this is the link

https://www.critterandguitari.com/organelle-patches/rhythm-delay-dist

Thanks for your reply!
I think it is not what I am looking for. I would like to find something more visual, and with more sequencing parameters. I am testing now with the Orac sequencers and I think I am finding things. I have been in the world of electronic music for a short time and the Organelle is driving me a little crazy. Right now I think we have a love hate relationship …
Thanks again for answering.

3 Likes

What about Punchy?

more versions here:

1 Like

Punchy is fine, but it doesn’t allow you to insert silences in the sequences (does it?). So far the closest thing I’ve found to what I’m looking for is the U-Polystep Orac module. The problem I see with that is that the play is done by turning one of the knobs and it is difficult to do it with precision.
To all this I must add that I am trying to synchronize using an MBox2 from the beginning of the century, which surely does not work as it should. But this is another story, of course …
¡Thanks!

1 Like

I know how you feel.

2 Likes

Yeah, if you’re using the velocity enabled version of the patch - you can enter a rest by turning velocity down to 0 and entering a note.

3 Likes

Good call!

1 Like

Thank you! Getting in this device is more complicated than it seems. At the moment I am in the stage of “Oh, what an incredible sound, how many possibilities!, but how do I put them to my service?” …

Yes! That’s it! Thanks! (p.s. As long as the external synthesizer has velocity response, right?)

Anyway, I think it would be great if there was a patch specifically designed to sequence external devices, with a slightly more complete interface and perhaps more options. Inspired by some mythical sequencer, or something like that…
For now I think I won’t have time to dig into the world of PD programming, although I would love to. If at any time I get it, I’ll try for sure.

3 Likes

Hi! Lots of cool sequencers here. . . I’m trying to control my moog little phatty, and all these sequencers are playing 2 octaves two high to hit the bass. Any trick I’m missing to change octaves of the sequencer output? Thanks in advance!!

2 Likes

the magic.

1 Like

14 channels step sequencers up to 8 bars each, w independent lenght, probabilistic gate out, 1 midi cc per channel, etc And there is also synthesis, sampling, synched looping, midi, link…

http://servando.teks.no/?patches

2 Likes

This looks dope. I need to dig into this and see what I can do with a couple of synths. Looper too!!! Incredible.

1 Like

looks great…on my list of patches to try

Hi - can you select the key and scale for these sequencers?

not at the moment but maybe in the future… One easy way to do that is with a module in which you select which notes you let go through and then per channel you would choose what to do with possible ‘wrong notes’. if just stopping them or re-direct them to closest/upper/lower possibility.