New PD release

Awesome! Since it is pretty cheap and easy to just have a couple of cards it would be fantastic if you would post betas. We wouldn’t run to big of a risk of messing something up as we can just put it on a separate card.

1 Like

Hey Oweno !

Just curious - is that update planned for the original Organelle too ? ( An update from the older Arch ?)

@KristofferLislegaard we uplodaed a new disk image for the Organelle M. It is based on the newest Debian version and includes the latest Pd (0.51). You can burn it onto an SD card following the same instructions in the manual.

http://thepeacetreaty.org/organellem/images/image_2021-06-18-organellem-lite.zip

The first time it boots up it takes about a minute because it resizes the file system to match the size of the SD card. This is useful if you burn it onto a large SD card. Previously the disk image was static 8GB even if burned onto a larger card.

We don’t have plans to update the original Organelle right now. It is theoretically possible but would take a bunch of work to get everything up to date. (probably build new disk image from scratch would be the best way).

5 Likes

That is great news!

But I have a hickup. I burned the image to a new card with BalenaEtcher and it looks to have booted fine.
I got it on wifi and started VNC.
There is a folder called usbdrive which is the default patchfolder even if I have no usbdrive mounted. It has a folder called patches inside it that is impossible to edit. So I am unable to launch my own patches (on the sd card) on the Organelle itself.
I also tried running the script to make the system not read only, but that doesn’t seem to affect the usbdrive folder. So I am unable to add my own patches.

Am I doing something wrong or is this simply a bug with the new image?

Hah yeah I had a crack at building from the latest base ARM-ARCH … that was a few weeks ago :sweat_smile:

I’ll start a new thread with progress updates if I make any worth cheering about

Ahh yeah, sounds like a bug. Removing everything in /usbdrive maybe will fix it. Does this work?

mount / -o remount,rw
rm -fr /usbdrive/*

That sounds interesting!

1 Like

Yes that worked indeed! Now I can use it. Thanks for the quick fix :smiley:
Looking forward to learning more Linux myself. It’s a slow process.

Two small not important comments:

• Every time I want to open the sdcard folder or usbdrive folder (that is now working correctly) I have to manually select that I want to execute the scripts. Is this also a super easy fix?

• There are some icons that seem to be missing its picture file.

I guess you can just put it on the list :slight_smile:

Skjermbilde 2021-06-22 kl. 18.13.34

Edit: Deken seems to be not working.
Edit 2: It started working. Not totally sure what I did different, hehe!