Ive just released an patch on patchstorage which will upgrade your Organelle to PureData 0.49 (from 0.46)
(last updated : 12 Apr)
12 Apr - fix issue with starting patches when GUI active
12 Apr - fix issue with starting pd from GUI filemanager, or click on pd file.
as noted below, Ive been using pd49 for quite a while (and 48 for a very long time) , and as far as I’ve seen its 100% compatible with 0.46.
it’s quite an upgrade, quite a few new objects (include clone which is really useful!) , and also the editing is much better.
I think it’s important we move on, as increasingly more desktop users are on PD 48, and 49 - so to be compatible, we need to have the same on the Organelle.
from here on, I will be testing and releasing patches for PD 0.49 , and cannot guaranteed compatibility with 0.46. (I will note this on all patches released, so its clear to users)
Id expect 0.49 will be in the next OrganelleOS update, but Im not quite sure when thats going to be, and I needed this out now
Running this patch will update your Organelle to the Pure Data 0.49
to install simply
a) copy zop file to your patches directory on your USB drive (or sdcard)
b) on Organelle ,
click on Install Pd49Update
it’ll tell you if its installed correctly.
Ive been using PD 0.49 for quite a while on the Organelle (and PD 0.48 before that), and Ive not found any compatibility issues with it for old patches.
The Organelle was shipped with PD 0.46, so there is quite a jump to PD 0.49, providing a better editing experience and also quite a few new objects.
this means future patches may will required PD 0.49 to be installed to function correctly (hint )
It is likely that the next version of the OrganelleOS will ship with Pd 0.49… at that point I will take this patch down.(I just dont know when the next Organelle OS will ship)
Pure Data Release Notes
changes since 0.46 (organelle version) relevant to organelle and abbreviated a bit by me.
full details at puredata.info
- “Undo” and “Redo” menu items now may be repeated to undo/redo more than one successive edit. This feature was introduced by Ivica Ico Bukvic and ported to Pd vanilla by IOhannes zmölnig.
- Various editing shortcuts, also from IOhannes.
- Updated the deken externals manager
- [declare] -path & -lib flags now search user search paths.
- “delete” method for [pointer]
- consistent methods for [text], [array] and [scalar] for outputting pointers to themselves
- (optionally) prevent patches from being opened multiple times
- [soundfile] info
- improved consistency for [log~], [pow~]
- improved handling of unpluggin/replugging audio devices
- The expr family (expr, expr~, fexpr~) got an update from Shahrokh Yadegari,
and the help file was reorganized and updated by Alexandre Porres. Many
more math functions are supported, and the parser was updated so that
expressions using “if” skip evaluating the argument that isn’t used.
- New “fudiparse”, “fudiformat” objects.
- New “list store” object for faster and easier concatenation and splitting
apart of lists.
- New notification outlet in “text define” so the patch can know when the
text is changed.
- New “text insert” object.
- “delwrite~” now has a “clear” message.
*“declare -path” inside abstractions was changed so that, if the declaration
isn’t an absolute filename, it’s relative to the abstraction’s directory,
- deken, clone and other goodies