Orac 2.0

nah, its trivial … Ive already described this here

so what I did was copy orac, to a new folder called erac (get it :wink: )
then add a file called pd-opts.txt in that folder with:
-audiodev 7 -audiobuf 5
this selects the ES-8, and increases the buffer to 5ms (from 4ms, which had a little crackling)
(and because its the patch directory, its only for that particularly patch… you can put it in System, for all patches, but thats not interesting to me personally)

then just run erac
viola, audio in/out is coming in/out ES-8 1/2,
so far been messing a little with sending audio out of Organelle for FX in eurorack land, and a little bit of FX processing by the Organelle.
(Currently, Ive also got the Organelle connected via MIDI to the Hermod in my eurorack, but thats been there for a while, so I can play with things like polybeats to Eurorack :wink: )

early days, it may be when I do ‘more serious’ stuff, I might have to increase the audiobuf a bit more, we will see.

for CV, Ive not ‘packaged’ it yet…
(only got my ES-8 on Friday, and been experimenting with it on the mac mainly!)
what Ive done there, so far, is just launch PD/Orac gui on Organanelle, as select ES-8 (hardware) manually in GUI, then started patching in modulations out to [dac~] 3-8. using kind of ‘temporary modules’

anyway, once Ive finished experimenting and decide how/if the Organelle will play a role in this setup, then I’ll likely do what Ive done for Orac on the Eurorack modules which is add some ‘CV modules’

currently on these I have :

• CV Pitch/Gate IN - receives notes
  • CV Mod IN- sends modulations out based on incoming CV

I need to add,

• CV Pitch/Gate OUT
  • CV Mod OUT
  • CV Clock IN
  • CV Clock OUT

It might be also interesting to created some CV utilities like LFO, ENV… that don’t go via the modulation bus.

I might also create a new router for the ES-8, either because I want more audio I/O, or if I decide I want to have the chains be essentially mono… e.g. I could create a 4 mono in to 4 chains with 4 stereo outs.
… but I need to play a bit more, as obviously the CPU load might be a big high.

as i said, early days… but its looking like a pretty fun and useful collaboration…
I’ll do some kind of demo once Ive got it all working out.

Note: I do also need/want to ‘rationalise’ the above with the Eurorack version, theoretically, they could/should be the same as the Bela versions… and of course will also work on the rPI too.
but not QuBit Nebulae requires a bit different implementation, but Id like it to have a similar interface, so patches/modules using CV are interchangeable on different platforms.

completely unrelated, but my mind is ‘whirling about thinking about organelle eurorack integration’
I might see if I can get OTC working with the ES-8 (its not actually hard, I know how to do it :wink: ), as it might be fun to have it as a way to have graphics and visualisations from Eurorack

2 Likes