Orac 2.0

i wish i could be more helpful on understanding and detecting the problem. i can’t make a proper performance testing, but here i attach two short examples of the cracking audio, to be able to know if it’s cpu crackle or digital distortion. the test was made placing Koto on A1, and analogstyle on B1, starting with an “init” patch of Orac, and using only those two modules. by the way, thanks for all the predisposition on solving the problem :slight_smile:

@Lcchy, so you can also listen the noise i’m referring to

1 Like

Thanks! Oh indeed if the crackling occurs also on the analogstyle then it must be the cpu or pd performance right?

Oh that is pretty smooth :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes I kept it low because I noticed some latency for higher values but it might be too low indeed.
@alanca I uploaded different versions (with different fifo values) of the module here, could you try it out to see if the noise is the same? If you know how to edit the patch you can do it directly yourself in the pd koto~ subpatch.

@thetechnobear Thanks a lot for your help! I always wondered why the Organelle-M didn’t make use of it’s multiple cores, maybe it’s because of this kind of problems (or backwards compatibility of patches?)

ps: we’re kind of occupying the thread for something not that much Orac related, should we move somewere else?

1 Like

Hi Lcchy! i`ve tried all three versions of the updated koto, and they all worked just fine! no noise! :tada: I did multiple tests with the different options of the koto patch(fifo 10, 20 50) alongside other synths and effects modules, to see if there was any difference in performance, but they did great. Thanks very much for the help and the time dedicated to make it work for organelle-m, it’s great to have koto as an orac module.

Oh that is great news, very nice! I should have thought of it :stuck_out_tongue:
I will upload a fixed version with a fifo of 10 to the patchstorage.
Thank you @thetechnobear!

3 Likes

Hello,

I’m experiencing the same thing here, the VU-meters are inactive in Orac.
Anybody else having the same thing? I’m wondering if it’s a common thing or if I just should look into an incompatibility with something else I installed on my Organelle.
I might try a fresh SD card, start with Orac, and slowly re-install my patches and hacks to see if they have an influence on the meters.

The VU meters are also not woking properly in Capture patch by Ben Blash. They’re supposed to work but for some reason are disabled completely. There’s been some discussion thread about Capture patch where @thetechnobear and @electrafa (Ben Blash) talked about how one patch influences the other. Maybe there’s something to it.

Hi!

I’m sorry i made Capture (and all my patches) on the previous OS and obviously there has been changes from C&G on the VU-meters since, i can’t fix it but i’m sure it’s not a big task, someone’s got to compare the factory mother.pd and the one from Capture and see what’s going on…

I don’t think Capture has anything to do with the same issue happening with Orac because it also has a custom mother.pd so i guess @thetechnobear had the same issue…?

Hope you’ll figure it out easily :v:

here is a link to a mother.pd patch shared with me by @thetechnobear to fix the vu~meter issue in orac.

2 Likes

Looks like I got myself an new project, I’ll have a look :slight_smile: Thank you for Capture, by the way, it’s great to be able to record on-board!

Ah, I missed that. Thanks a lot, it seems like this worked. :+1:

2 Likes

The issue is the parameters to the vumeter changed , so any patch that supplied a custom mother.pd will need to be updated

1 Like

Ok, thanks for the tip and fix! I used some of this to fix Capture’s VU meters as well :+1:

1 Like

I have difficulty trying to figure out how to save presets, both per module and per chain. thanks

Hello! (first-time-poster here)

first of all, Mark, thanks for all your work on Orac! I wouldn’t use my Organelle so much without it.

So, I found this patch https://patchstorage.com/polylogue/ and I wanted to use it in Orac. I tried easteregging it but that did not work out. So I thought why not convert it to a module :grin:

What I noticed is, the patch already uses your Kontrol module, so I guess this might potentially complicate things?

Any advice on how to proceed?

Cheers
Nadja

hi ladies and gentlemen,

first, i love orac so much. thank so much technobear for opening that pandora box :slight_smile:

i have a question
i’d like to copy the orac system ( all my presets, modules, etc … ) of my organelle M to an another organelle M, seemlessly, if i can say.
how could i do that ?
would also be great to save it all, in case.
for now, i would use this operation to crossfade from one organele M to the other thanks to an external mixer.

thanks for your time.
bests
gregg

Does the Push2+mec+orac still work? I’ve got a push2 with up to date firmware and recently got an Organelle M. I have Orac installed and working, and Mec I can use with the remote PD client just fine, but with my Push2 it seems kind of broken. The pads light up, and some of the controls work, but the display just says “Push” with the Ableton logo.

Is there a way to route the footswitch around orac, for example if I wanted to toggle bypass on a distortion module in B3, is that possible?

1 Like

+1 for this

I would love to be able to use the freezer with my footswitch, without it being the active module

@ghellings I believe the push2 should work…
are the pads coming up with scaling lighting? or just lit?
if its just the display not working, that sounds like a possibly a usb issue… perhaps permissioning?

@friender / @nathanielsametz
in the router module, active page, there is a parameter calle A.Dest, which is ‘active destination’
0 means inputs go to the current selected module but 1-10, means sends all (non midi) inputs to a particular module. … I believe (though not double checked) this should include footswitch.

its not really practical to break out footswitch, since if I did this, then others would say what about the aux button, what about … and we’d end up with millions of parameters, which no one would ever remember :slight_smile:

this is also one the reason the router is a module !
you could easily create a variation of the router module, that always sent the footswitch to a particular module… its just not practical as a generic/re-usable module eg. ive no idea which module slot you choose to put your distortion or freezer in.

I guess in the future, I could change the footswitch to a modulation source
however this issue is, many modules use the footswitch as an alternative to the aux key - in particular sequencers…

btw: if you have a midi footswitch, you can use midi learn to map it to parameters like freeze/bypass

2 Likes

Thanks for the response, just knowing it should be working is enough motivation to keep troubleshooting it. When you say permissions issue, do you mean perms on the Organelle’s OS?