I found a small bug in the U-chordroll module. One of the chord notes (the third one from left to right, when you open the patch in pd) isn’t updated with the correct root note. Easily fixed by changing “r croll_root-$1” to “r croll-$1-root”, so that it looks the same as the other chord notes. See attached image for clarification.
I’ve gotten brds to lock up one time: I had a quite intense sequence running, and was changing Shape rapidly. my chain was arper > chord roll > braids. I can’t repeat it, and sadly didn’t think of noting the values on the screen when it occured. sorry that I can’t be of more help.