Orac : release 1.0

ok, your issue is you are using the wrong type of double quotes
if you look very closely on your image above, you will see that the quotes you have around the tremverb are slanted forwards, where as all the other quotes are straight… these will not work, as they are not the same thing.

this is actually a function of the editor your using, often when do so called ‘smart quotes’, unfortunately this done because these editors are trying to be simple word processors (i.e. for letters) rather then text editors.

there are a couple of ways of avoiding this :slight_smile:
a) dont touch the quotes when you edit it.
b) make sure the editor is treating this as a plain text document (see this article for more details)

I’ll be honest this is why personally I do not use things like TextEdit (mac) or WordPad (windows) because they tend to want to make things ‘pretty’ and reformat it. whereas when editing text files you want it to leave the F* alone… if your an experienced user you can avoid it, but it catches beginners out all the time!

Id recommend that users download one of the many free text editors(*) , probably Atom is good choice. (though i admit i dont use it, as I purchased SublimeText which is fantastic if you do alot of coding!)

(*) sometimes these are also referred to as programmers editors, as developers are the primary users.

2 Likes