Organelle music

This is a beats/percussion only track based on the amazing patch ‘bashfest’ originally created by @shreeswifty, later retouched by @Blavatsky, I used the latter version here. Also starring were the OP-1 and the Nord Drum 2/Nordpad combo. The Nord was sequenced by Patterning and also played by sticks (which were in my hands :slight_smile: ). I threw in a bunch of fx pedals as well.

2 Likes

Various patches featured in my current Lakes On Fire project. https://soundcloud.com/user-526829388

Here’s a track I recorded with the LPV patch crafted by our very own @shreeswifty. Patrick says this is a ‘live phase vocoder’ but to me it sounds way more than that. LPV is also a mangler and, in a way, a sampler. It can do amazing things to the incoming audio. This track is based on a sample from the best-ever known Hungarian song, Gloomy Sunday (music: Rezső Seress, lyrics: László Jávor, performed by Pál Kalmár, 1933). The Organelle went thru the Strymon Big Sky. Experimental-ambient stuff.

4 Likes

awesome jooga!
love it

here’s a demo of @shreeswifty’s ct5 patch with a lot of reverb and some guitar chords. crazy the little melodies it started playing on it’s own, so much fun.

7 Likes

Jammed this morning for a bit this has 7 or 8 patches in it but the basis is CoolwaveGrains https://soundcloud.com/yeahsometimes/morning-drone

3 Likes

Great stuff @yeahsometimes, morning drone is beautiful!

Nice one! Very enjoyable. :slightly_smiling_face:

Was looking for something like this… shows off something a bit more intense from the Organelle.

This is an instrumental cover (well, sort of…) of Tuxedomoon’s “In a Manner of Speaking” at which I arrived by accident; I started playing around with the amazing new patch MOTH-7 by Kyle Werle, added a little this and that and the whole thing started to sound like this long-time favourite…
The Organelle went thru an Empress Reverb and was responsible for stuttering, glitchy beats + some fm synth (MOTH-7), the Sub 37 threw in the bass (via an OTO BAM), the OP-1 produced the ‘gritty’ sequence (thru a CT5) and I did the solo with the Mopho x4 (thru a Big Sky).

4 Likes

Variation on a theme!

This one also uses Moth-7, as well as SLICER, Spruce (just Polybeats with piano samples) and the 8 Page Synth Patch.

I’ve been so impressed with the LyonPotpourri library that i’ve decided to steal it’s name wholesale, for Organelle based musics. Sue me!

8 Likes

yooooooooooo this is great, i love it! we should collab sometime, similar styles!

1 Like

I’m glad you like that library. I should get an asterisk on the album! :slight_smile: or were you already using it? I forget

3 Likes

i think we should do like a group track with organelles and modular or something and share WAVS on soundcloud
i have a ton of electro minimalism or more like electro-mermanism electronic meets ethel merman kinds stuff

1 Like

Love the idea.
Getting some if the lines community vibe going here.

no doubt! you’ve breathed new life into the organelle by introducing people to these libraries. if i ever make an album, you’ll be credited!

2 Likes

Collaborations would be ace! A collective E.P. of works made using the Organelle would be really cool and could grow the community further.

2 Likes

Have has this thing a little while, recorded this little EP back in February/March entirely on the organelle just to see what I could get out of it, threw in some Ableton and pedalboard fx later. It’s a great little box!

https://hectr.bandcamp.com/album/carefully

3 Likes

Love turning the sample speed up to pitch the drums on the first track, sounds great! Post more please!

1 Like

I appreciate it, and thanks for listening! I just downloaded a bunch of new patches so I think more will definitely be on the way. My next step is incorporating some of these sounds with my band, I think

1 Like