time for a new beta
the main focus of this beta is to resolve issues that some are having installing 3.0 on macOS.
so Id really appreciate those having issues with the 3.0 release, to try this release and let me know if it resolved their issues… and if now I will work with them to find a solution in this beta cycle.
… your participation is very useful, and will Im sure be appreciated by the community, as it will help others too.
BUT to sweeten the deal, Ive also made some improvement to the midi setup and handling, including separate midi channels for input and output, omni channel input and improved device selection
- improved installer for macOS
- dont show ‘hidden folders’ for installs (cause by macOS)
Improvements to midi
- midi in and out separate channels
- midi in omni channel support
- midi in/out disable
- improved midi device selection
- use alsa by defaut
- allow additional midi connections
- allow fine tuning of expression pedal
- use footswitch to switch patches
(details on pedal setup here)
Id appreciate feedback on:
- installing from USB on macOS.
- any new issues with midi… lets focus on compatibility initially.
- pedal support
background on macOS installation issues with 3.0
just a little bit of background…to perhaps helps some people test.
with 3.0 some MAC users that are upgrading to 3.0 from a USB drive , are getting ‘file corruption errors’.
this is being caused by some hidden files that the mac creates, and places on the USB drive, which the installation is not expecting.
this beta, should detect these and ignore them.
also if a corruption is detected, the installer will now create a file on the usbdrive called upgrade_log.txt, in the root directory , i.e. /usbdrive/upgrade_log.txt
so if you notice an issue please upload this somewhere, and report the contents here.
Its really important this is tested, as the reason this bug has slipped thru 3.0, is I do not get the issue on either of the macs I use (ive tried on 2 different macs)… I do not know why, perhaps version of macOS im using (10.13 , but was 10.12).
background on midi
this release now uses ALSA midi by default, this has quite a few more options that the previously uses OSS midi, including allowing us to configure multiple input and output devices. (details of which i will cover later)
the new implementation also allows for midi setups to be specific to patches, which can be useful for some kinds of patches.
note: MIDI-Config.txt is no longer used for configuration.
- b1 - 27/Dec/2017 - initial beta
- b2 - 9/Jan/2018 - fixed OMNI for knobs and pgm change, fixed patch_loaded.sh issue for patch directory
- b3 - 16/Feb/2018 - new pedal setup, improved midi setup