Organelle "Problem Connecting" to WIFI

What should I do when the Organelle says there is a problem connecting to wifi? I already changed the wifi file to include my username and password on my computer.

Hello!
Does the AP mode works? (This would confirm that your Wi-Fi dongle is fine)
Are you able to access organelle.local? (see instructions in the manual)
Just to confirm, you are using an original Organelle right? (Not an Organelle M) (just confirmed that from another post :slight_smile: )

Yes, I am using the original Organelle, I can’t access organelle.local and nothing happens when I select start AP Mode.

Ah, are you using the original Wi-Fi dongle or another one?

The original.

I would investigate the Wi-Fi adapter then, try it on another computer to make sure that it works. It’s surprising that the Organelle doesn’t says anything when you’re trying to connect to AP mode. (though mine is an M, so it might be slightly different…)
Are you using the lastest OS? (4.0)

When you say adapter, do you mean the dongle or router? Also, the files stored on the wifi adapter open, it’s just that the internet connection is having issues.

Also, I don’t know how to check which software am I using and I should let you know that changing the wifi file on my computer did help me a little bit because after doing that I found a network called music on the Organelle whereas before nothing showed up.

When you say adapter, do you mean the dongle or router?

I meant the Wi-Fi dongle, which I believe the proper name is adapter.
I doesn’t have any storage (it just gives you Wi-Fi connectivity), so I’m not sure what you mean by “the files stored on the wifi adapter open”?

Also, I don’t know how to check which software am I using

You can check that in the main settings menu > info (scroll all the way down to see your software revision)

I found a network called music on the Organelle whereas before nothing showed up

Good sign indeed! That would be the Organelle’s own network, when in AP mode. Could you try again to select Start AP, and check on your computer if you can see the Organelle’s own network, called music?

The device I was thinking was the dongle has storage for the built-in patches when I plug it into my computer, it is white on all sides, except for one black side on the bottom and it contains the wifi file. I bought my Organelle used so it may not have everything. Do I need to purchase a wifi dongle? Lastly, when I select start AP it changes for less than a second to stop AP before reverting back to start AP.

Ok! That might be your issue here. I believe that that small white USB stick is only a flash drive (to hold you patches, the midi config file etc.), so you need a USB Wi-Fi adapter for the Organelle to be able to connect to Wi-Fi.
There is one on Critter&Guitari’s shop that is known to work.