Cannot connect to Wifi - AP mode

Hello!

This is my first post!
I have searched the forum for solutions for this problem, and have tried all the solutions mentioned, but I still cant get AP mode to work on my Organelle M.
I run OS 4.2.
I have flashed the OS multiple times on two different SD-cards, and I have tried to write in network name and password in the config file, but nothing works.

I see that a lot of people have had this problem, and I hope there is a good solution!

Any help would be nice!

Thanks!

Øystein

I have had the same issues with my Organelle M. I tried several different SD cards reflashing the firmware too.

Both the USB ports work with other devices and I have tried several WiFi adapters (the correct ones) sadly the WiFi still doesn’t work.

The only way I have been able to load new patches is by using a USB memory stick with the patches on. This is incredibly frustrating especially as I am keen to try Icarus which requires WiFi to work.

I love the Organelle it is the “mutts nuts” but the failed WiFi is annoying. Chris was really helpful with email support and troubleshooting with different possible solutions but sadly no dice.

1 Like

It seems like this is a common problem!
Lets hop it can be fixed in a firmware update!

Do you see the AP network show up but you can’t connect, or does it not show up at all?

1 Like

I does not show up at all. It tries to connect AP, but stops in 2 sec and says cannot connect AP

It does also not connect when I write network name and password in the usb drive.
I have tried to get this to work for hours to nights in a row. Its really frustrating!
I purchased the Organelle to make music, not to fix bugs! $#%&&%$$#!

It could be a defective WiFi adapter. It is frustrating there is no way for the machine to alert user of the reason for not connecting, something that could be addressed in an OS update. I was also thinking about a simple WiFi adapter check patch… in the meantime are you able to use a USB drive to hold patches?

1 Like

Exactly the same situation here. As Oweno says USB patches should work - did for me. If a firmware update fixes it that would be bliss!

1 Like

Yes I use a USB drive. That works.
I just cant stand equipment that does not work as it should!

Anyone found a solution to this?

I have the same problem - I got a new wifi dongle because I thought then it might work, but I still get the same result, when I try to connect (AP mode or Web server) it says: problem connecting. And nothing happens. It does not show in the wifi network like it used to.

Did anyone find a solution? I would really appreciate it!!!

1 Like

No - and seeing that this is an issue affecting more than 1 or 2 of us now I’d appreciate some further clarification and support from C&G. Was there a faulty run? My Organelle M is beige one serial number : 06311. What about you other folks?

1 Like

Do you have details / specs of this new adapter?

If the USB ports are working with other USB gear, then it is unlikely a hardware problem with the Organelle itself. More likely a problem with the WiFi adapter… but it sounds like some folks have tried other adapters with the correct specs, so it is a little puzzling. Anyone suspecting it might be a faulty hardware should contact us directly (support AT critterandguitari.com) and we can send an adapter that is known to work.

I don’t have the details but it is an official Critter&Guitari WiFi Adapter for Organelle.

Great thanks - I’ve been in contact with support before but not had a new WiFi adapter sent out. I have tried several WiFi adapters which also all work on Norns WiFi. So hopefully :crossed_fingers: a new WiFi adapter will fix situation, tho I remain doubtful. I hope they can have a look at it for me if their dongle don’t work! Ta

Hi, I have the exact same issue. Still no solution? :slight_smile:

I tested it again to day, and all of a sudden the wifi worked!

I think I might know why: Before I tried to set it up when it ran on batteries, to day i connected the PSU. Could it be that easy? Batteries dont give enough power to set it up?

After I had sat up the wifi it worked fin on batteries.

Power supply does not seem to make any difference here. Not tried solar or lunar power tho’ ★彡ʕ⁎̯͡⁎ʔ༄★彡

Same here. Just tried with power supply and same result. Have you done anything else Osandtro?

Yes I sold it! :sweat_smile: