Orhack (beta)

:+1:

ok i’ll try this this afternoon.

works like a charm :+1:

would be amazing to be able to save pattern per added sequencers than overdrum.
great already, but with others :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: would again amazing.

otherly, i can’t seem to enter triggers in overflow. is it the same process as overdrums ?

thanks again for your work.
ui is great.

2 Likes

Since the new Overflow module wasn’t addressed in the video, here is how it works:

• navigate steps with encoder knob
  • press and hold “aux” button then (while holding the aux button) play the note you want to enter into the step
  • to delete a note, press and hold “aux” then press and hold any note for a second, hold for longer to erase all notes in the sequencer track.
  • with the aux button not engaged the bottom row of notes are used to navigate between the 7 sequencer tracks, the top row of notes are the 10 patterns.

Patterns are saved in Overflow too, also a pattern contains each of the 7 sequencer tracks and they can be a different loop length and “R” modifier for each pattern, meaning if “Seq-1” on pattern n.1 has a loop length of 6 steps, and “R” modifier set to =/ (half time), in the next pattern n.2 the same track “Seq-1” can have completely different loop length and modifier, as well as notes, velocity and note-lengths.

2 Likes

fantasti :+1:
thanks.

This is such a enrichment of my music making process. The sequencers are really inspiring and the whole structure of ORHACK just makes a lot of sense to me. A little performance video will follow soon :wink:. Thank you so much @audivit for taking the time!

2 Likes

So here is my first little jam in the new environment. I already love it a lot. Thanks again!

6 Likes

Hi cell people !
You did an awesome job @Audivit, really want to thank you !
Nevertherless, I still have some issues with. I don’t know if anyone have already reported them :

1. these synth modules don’t work on my organelle, or more exactly, no sound comes out (neither manually nor sequenced) from Plaits+, Braids+, Fission and Wavescanner (it could be more but I don’t have tested all the modules yet).
  2. on the samplers side, I have already put samples and kits in the proper orhack folder but still can’t play any from Percussions, Samplement, Polytwig or Sampler 24.
  3. I also noticed that track mutes on Overflow does not work, no indications on screen and no effect on the seqs.

Besides that, I personally find the screensaver to be particularly annoying. Is my opinion shared?

I haven’t experienced any issues with the synthesizers but I haven’t used the samplers extensively yet. Are you on a single core OG Organelle or an M/S? The + indicates that it uses multiple cores to save on CPU but it’s only available for newer Organelles. As for the screen saver, if you want it disabled, delete the screen saver abstraction in the mother patch when Orhack is open

Thanks for reporting, yes as @T8R said it seems to me that you’re using an old version of the Organelle right?

As for the screensaver I’m planning on implementing options to change the timing or disabling it completely directly from the Orack submenus, on the next update.

I’m also gonna be testing all the included samplers paths to check if there’s something I’ve missed.

Track mutes on Overflow are not yet implemented due to a bug with hanging midi notes which I’ll have to deal with, but they will become available eventually :slightly_smiling_face:

@Audivit @T8R No, I’m on an organelle m running v4.1 and the multicore synths actually work on regular orac.
They all work on orhack but nothing happens when a key’s pressed/trig’s sent, no sound, but the graphical display is good.

I don’t know if this will fix your problem for sure but you may want to update to 4.2

What about the “jam” preset, does it run and play?

Hope it’s the solution, but where could i find the firmware v4.2 ?

It runs but nothing comes out…

Same here but I’m running the Organelle original under 4.1. The patch runs but I have no sounds?

I’m running OS 4.1 on my Organelle S…

A new update is out on Patchstorage, thanks for reporting these problems!

0.24b

• Fixed issue with transport time signature.
  • Fixed issue with “Overflow” signature.
  • Implemented Screensaver Settings on Hybrid router module page “S1”.
  • Implemented Screensaver graphics.
  • Fixed issue with “Overdrum” & “Overflow” not starting automatically when loading a preset or loading these modules while the transport was running.

0.25b

• Added audio enabled Waveform screensaver.
    (if audio is playing and graphics mode is set to ON, the waveform screensaver will be enabled instead of the ORHACK screensaver).
1 Like

Thank you all so much.

I have an issue with running ORHACK on the M. (4.2 OS)

Everything is pretty much great except I cannot start any sequencer or arp or anything that takes input.

When I got to braids’ page, I can play that fine.

I had this issue before .24 and .25b also. Is there some problem with S vs M?

You may have to make sure that the Transport gets started. To do that, go to the Transport module located on the low D# and click the aux. That should start the clock so the sequencers can run :slight_smile: