Orhack (beta)

Could you please tell me where i could find the v4.2 ?

There’s a link in the manual here

Optional: if you want to repartition your sd card and use more than 4gb since you’re using an organelle M you’ll need to do a little VNC/linux ssh work

1 Like

I missed it in the manual, thanks !

1 Like

You are totally correct, thank you so much

1 Like

Sequencers have to be put on the first module of the chain, otherwise you have to activate “note >>” on the corresponding module and the module preceding it. You can find the note pass-through setting in the modules sub-menus within the router module.

Lets say you have Overflow on slot “b1” and Progarp on slot “b2” and Plaits on slot “b3”, then you want to sequence the arpeggiator into Plaits, so you have to activate “note >>” on slot “b1” and “b2”.
Then if you want to do some multi-timbral stuff by putting another Plaits on slot “b4” you have to activate “note >>” on slot “b3” as well.

Hope it helps, let me know if this fixes the issue. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for the help and I really appreciate ORHACK, which is quite powerful. My issue was starting the clock like T8R said. I just need to watch the technical vids on Orac more I think :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t know if other users run into this issue but it would be nice to be able to change the channel of incoming midi from external controllers. This would allow multiple pages for any midi device that cannot dynamically change channels.

A single knob or slider could control the channel change settings.

You can do that already in orac and orhack as well, you can set each of the 4 chains to have an independent external midi channel, or you can set an external midi channel to be the active focused channel for the currently selected module.

Select the router module, press the last button on the keyboard then rotate the encoder knob, this will get you to all the hidden sub-menu pages, for setting up external audio, midi, active channel, program changes etc…

Thanks for the response. I’ve done this with different midi devices plugged in (each sending on different channels), but what if I have a single device only capable of sending on a set channel (such is the case with my akai midimix). I can’t change the channel without using an editor on my PC.

Instead of having it function on “currently selected module” could I have it function on currently selected chain?

Sorry but I don’t get it,
the “currently selected module” also means the currently selected chain, as the midi information can travel through the modules in a chain.

The thing you’re asking for is already implemented in the original Orac! :slightly_smiling_face:

To be clear, by “active on the selected module” I mean like a DAW does, when you select a track and the midi keyboard focuses on that track only, then you click on another track and the keyboard works on that track, without changing midi channel.

nothing has changed on my side.
neither plaits+, braids+, fisson, wavescanner nor samplement are working. In samplement I’m not even able to select folder or sample.

but it seems not to be due to the use of multicore since lmnts+ is working fine…

Hmmm… Do there happen to be any weird errors in the Pure Data console? You will see an error with $1 for every multi core patch you are using but that is normal. Also if you want to PM a version of the Orhack folders you are using, I can see if I can diagnose it further

1- Have you checked if is everything installed in the right path?
0RHACK folder in “/sdcard/Patches”
orhack folder in “/sdcard/data/”
orhack folder in “/sdcard/media/”

2- Have you tried deleting the 0RHACK folder and reinstalling the .zop file?

This is incredible, thank you so much @Audivit so excited to dive into all of this! Forgive me if i’ve missed something, but I’m struggling to map the parameters for Morpher. I hit the aux button & ‘set parameters’ appears. I turn the knob for parameter 1, find the module & apply ‘mod learn’. Then I turn the knob of the parameter I wish to be affected, then uncheck ‘mod learn’. But nothing changes when I morph between presets. Am I doing it all wrong?

2 Likes

Parameter learn on Morpher:
1- hit Aux button once (purple LED flashing and “>>>>MORPHER<<<<" message on top of the screen indicates that the learn focus is on Morpher).
2- navigate to the parameter you want to learn, the destination parameter not the morpher parameter.
3- click the main encoder and activate mod learn on the main menu.
4- move the desired destination parameter.
5- navigate back to the Morpher module and move the desired source parameter (macro parameter) to a value thats not zero.
6- press the main encoder and disable mod learn then press aux on Morpher to disable the learn focus.

Parameter unlearn on Morpher:
identical to the learn method but on step 5 you have to move the morpher macro parameter to zero.

Hope it helps!

2 Likes

That did the trick, incredible stuff thank you so much!
Sorry one more question, now that the ‘chain midi’ section of Orac is no longer there, is there any way for me to send/receive midi notes to/from external devices? i.e. send the midi from an overflow sequence to an external synth for example.

ah never mind actually, I found the Midi chain options by hitting the furthest key to the right & then turning the main encoder clockwise whilst in the ‘Hybrid’ module.

1 Like

Hej @Audivit,

a thousand times thank you for creating this awesome Orhack patch. It really improves things and I have a lot of fun using it. Since I experienced some glitches too while using multitrack recording and/or heavy chains also with ‘non-Orhack’ patches (most of the time @electrafa s sequences module), I tried switching to a better SD Card like @arkanisgath did it. I haven’t had these speed up and speed downs he experienced, only the crackles and the fizzle.

I bought a San Disk Extreme Pro 64 GB and had a lot of issues. My supposition is that it is too fast for the organelle and organelle cant handle it. Because I don’t have this issues with the stock SD Card. I opened up a new topic for it, because it is not only a Orhack specific thing.

But for Orhack I experienced the following:
The San Disk Extreme Pro improves overall performance, I haven’t had any audio crackles with it (no matter if Orhack starts from USB Drive or from the SD Card). But with multitrack recording it was always the same: It recorded a few seconds and then ended up with a very load buzz sound and a frozen Organelle M. So better go for the San Disk Ultra/Ultra Plus or Extreme.

Hopefully you won’t have those strange Web Server issues I describe over here:

all the best
Jables

1 Like

Thanks a lot @Audivit for your work, the patch is amazing!! i’ve been having a lot of fun with it. i haven’t tried all features yet, but there are a few questions i’d like to ask:
1- is there a way to load the “empty” module again, on a slot that already has a module selected? (i’ve noticed that i can change modules but not go back to the empty one, maybe i didn’t find the correct way…)
2- on Overdrum and Overflow, is there a way like when you select /= or *=, for the duration value of the step to be the double or the half, instead of four times or the quarter? (if not, i think it would be a nice option to add if it’s ok to make a suggestion :slight_smile: )
3- i did experienced some crackling issues (cpu overload i think) with the additive synth module, though i guess it’s probably the nature of the module itself to be very cpu expensive (i think it says so on patchstorage), since is a “native” module for orhack, i thought it would be ok to point this out)
(the cracklings are mostly when i play the parameters knobs while the module is running. also, i’m on an organelle M)

thnks again for your contribution with this patch, i’m spending a lot of time playing with it

1 Like

1- yes you can reload an empty module, there’s a dedicated -empty- folder on top of all the other folders for easy accessibility, you just have to click that folder, it will appear as empty but it is not, scroll down and select the empty module (it will show as blank without name).
2- other speed variations are on my list for a next update, also slower/faster options for random mode and the other modes.
3- yes I guess I didn’t notice the additive synth being so taxing because i’m running an overclocked system, I’ll suggest avoiding that module for now if it’s causing crackles, revert to plaits or braids modules which are much more cpu friendly. :slight_smile:

1 Like