Qunexus orac midi learn

Any tips on getting this to work (specifically getting midi learn to map aftertouch, bend, etc to a specific parameter of a specific module)? I tried following the instructions from the original orac 1.0 post and fear I’m missing something that needs to be done on the qunexus side…

@sakul @nattyb @BioEcoEvology @atomboyd (because I’ve seen you mention the qunexus elsewhere)

Thanks!

currently midi learn in orac is for midi cc only

1 Like

thank you :smiley: got it working - this ^ helped!

@TheDeadFarmer I HAVE had a little weirdness on nonOrac patches with the qunexus of late. Any trouble for you? I shrugged it off the other night and just switched to my op1 that worked fine and haven’t really tried to trouble shoot it.

Mine seems to work with no problems. Once I went into the Qunexus editor and made a preset to send CC from the pressure sensitivity I was able to make it work w midi learn and orac. It’s actually pretty cool I have it set to open up the filter in one chain and it will trigger this if I’m playing, say, percussive notes on a synth module of another chain. Lots of possibilities. On regular patches seems to work well - could you give some details of the “weirdness”?

Sorry for the delay, I’ve been traveling.

It just wasn’t reading the keys. I had the channel set correctly, and it powered up, but I couldn’t use it as a controller. I’ve definitely used it as a controller in the past.

Previously when I’ve used it, depending on the patch, the high keys will register low note hits on the Organelle and the low keys will register as high which is always weird.

But the last time I tried it, it just didn’t work at all.

I’ll try to carve out some time tonight and see if I can recreate.

@atomboyd - I’m likely one of the least “tech-y” members on here so I may not be much help - maybe something got thrown off in one of the qunexus presets. The only other thing I noticed is you have to load/reload a patch AFTER you plug the qunexus into the organelle.

No worries, it seems okay now, at least for the purpose of straight midi usb using ‘to computer’ port.

When I use the ‘Expander’ port with the expander, I’m having a rough time staying connected/sending midi. Great, durable little controller, but I’m starting to think my second hand purchase may be a little dodgy