Segmenti issues

Hi there,

I have watched the official video for Segmenti on Youtube, loaded it up, tried using it, and realized it behaves quite differently than the patch demoed on YouTube. Aux does not start recording, the sequencer starts on its own and cannot be stopped. All “white keys” when pressed with Aux call up the same menu with different numbers (are these state saves?). I am very confused. What am I missing?

Thanks

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion. We updated the Segmenti patch with the ‘Aux’ Menu since uploading the video.

If you press and hold ‘Aux’ you will see a menu on the OLED screen. To access the commands in the menu, you will need to press the corresponding ‘black key’. The low C# key selects the top left command and the high A# key selects bottom right command. The ‘white keys’ select one of 14 sequences.

Hello! Another new user here, also trying to wrap my head around Segmenti. Is there any updated documentation?

I think I’ve mostly got it, but just to confirm: the knob parameters when you’re in the second page screen are the same as in the first (they apply to the original sample, not to the sequence)? That is, if I change the speed while in page 2, it will change the speed of the original recording, not of the sequence?

P.s., if you ever need to hire an extra documentation writer, I’d love to be alerted. (haha, sorry, just wanted to put that out there). https://www.linkedin.com/in/jessicafaulds

Hi - are you referring to the Aux Menu when you say “second page”? The knobs do not affect the Aux Menu parameters. The only ‘controls’ of the Aux Menu are the keys. So your evaluation is correct:

Thank you! Yes, sorry, the Aux menu! I was using the term from the patch description.