TB - UpdateOS 2.2 TB Beta - closed -> use official OS 3.0

declare paths dont work, as the location can vary, even if we put the libraries in /PdExtraLibs… there are still 2 possible locations
/usbdrive/PdExtraLibs
/sdcard/PdExtraLibs
(or even arguably /root/PdExtraLibs!)

well, yes I could generate the libs cmd line option in mother exec, to refer to either /usbdrive/PdExtraLibs or /sdcard/PdExtraLibs - and this is perhaps a good idea anyway.
@oweno shall I ‘hardcode’ this?

but yeah, the rest is if users want to start overriding things, e.g. @Jaffasplaffa was asking the other day about changing the sample rate, something thats currently set in .pdsettings, which is read-only, so I think some users may have a requirement (=/System/pd-opts) , and potentially it may be useful for some patches (patcher/pd-opts)

Obviously this has a small cost for checking for file existence when we run a patch
… a thought I did have (also for mother.pd) for optimising this a bit, is for the the System (only) , to only do this, when the card is initially ‘loaded’ (or user hits reload) , then its just a flag to say ‘is it overridden’ rather than hitting the filesystem each time. (can’t practically do this for the patch variants yet, as we dont cache the patch file hierarchy)

its easy to do, and I think could be useful.

command line trumps .pdsettings

1 Like