Use Organelle as effect processor - configuration

My setup-
Mac pro, Komplete audio 6 sound card, organelle

My goal-
audio signal (or plug in) that comes out from Ableton, and effected by organelle.
lets say for example a recording i did and want to add delay (from the organlle) on it .

what cables do i need in order to use the organelle the way i mentioned? cant seem to find the right answer on other topics.

Thank!

How you go about doing this will depend on your audio interface. The komplete audio 6 has a couple of outputs so that should be fine.

You will need to get a dual 1/4 TS cable to single 1/4 TRS cable and plug the two ends into the interface OUTPUT and the single TRS into your Organelle input.

From there, you should be able to control output gain from ableton and then you should be good to go for the most part. How you will actually monitor the output depends on what patch you’re using but I recommend using Orac for FX processing chains.

If you want to know more about Orac specifically for processing, I’m in the process of editing together an Orac beginners guide on all the ins and outs but feel free to post or PM if you have other questions. Also I see this is your first post so welcome to the Organelle community! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

thank you very much!
will definitely look at some orac videos, and something like orac beginners guide will sure open some new ideas into the workflow. would love to get it if possible for beta.

another situation i might have is -
if i want to send audio from a synthesiser into the organelle,
process it there,
and then record the output into my daw

which cables i will need for this scenario?

1 Like

I don’t understand what you mean by beta. If you’re referring to Orac, its available and is well developed so you can get to messing around with it! Orac 2.0 for Organelle | Patchstorage

If you’re trying to process an external synthesizer its mostly the same process. If you’re trying to record stereo output from a synth, use the same dual 1/4 TS to single 1/4 TRS and connect the two into the synth output and the one in the Organelle input.

If you’re recording a mono synth, just use a shortish 1/4 instrument cable like what you would use for a guitar or bass and use that instead.

To get it back into the DAW, you can use another stereo cable like the one previously described with a single TRS to dual TS and plug the TRS into the organelle output and the two mono TS into the interface and record the output. If you’re recording in mono, just use an instrument cable as well for the output into interface input :slight_smile:

1 Like

got it! thanks.

1 Like