WiFi connection on EYESY

Same here. Doesn’t connect.

I’m beginning to think that it will just be easier to use AP mode until there is a true need to connect it over a (larger) network. Home studio use right now.

OK, thanks for the quick response!

Ok, Thanks from me as well. Yes AP mode works fine. I can also add that my Organelle connects to my WiFi SSID with no issue .

Hi! Got my Eyesy a week ago ( :orange_heart:Yei! :orange_heart:) but I could only get to it now. Just starting to check things up but same problem with wifi here. I tried changing the line code, as mentioned above, but Eyesy still doesn’t save my home network settings (router: FiberGateway GR241AG)
AP works fine with norns though.

Having the same trouble here. Been trying with and without quotes, hexcode and the scan_ssid option. Asus RT-AC68U with “.” “,” and " " in the name. Can’t change the SSID though.

Solved it by cleaning the whole network-tag in the config and adding the SSID and Password thru SSH instead.

wpa_passphrase “Wang Electronics CO., LTD.” >> /sdcard/System/wpa_supplicant.conf

Then ENTER and then the password and enter again.

1 Like

Thanks for the update, glad you got it working. This is the command that gets executed by the web interface, so it must be a problem with the URL encoding SSID… on the list to fix for update.

can you go into more detail about how to do this?

I don’t remember exactly. If you’re familiar with ssh just ssh to eyesy.local

Found the login credentials in another thread here

There is now a section of the manual describing this process (SSH and WiFi setup). See Section 6.3.

1 Like

I see! thank you. does this fix the workaround I was using so the passphrase isn’t in plain text?

I’m seeing what I think are similar issues with wpa_supplicant on the Organelle M but the Organelle file system doesn’t seem to have the same /sdcard/System path that the Eyesey manual mentions, and there aren’t parallel instructions in the Organelle manual.

Anyone else experience similar problems on their Organelle M, and have a solution?

Following page 28 in the manual I cannot get Eyesy to initiate AP. …MacBook Pro running Mojave. There is no ‘Eyesy’ network available anywhere.

What does the On Screen Display say in the bottom left?

Nothin’

I’ve tried 6 times to power off, reinsert the wiFi dongle, restart, and hold shift the whole time until it says Eyesy

Do you have your WiFi adapter connected to the EYESY’s USB port?

yep, totally

Is the USB-WiFi adapter connected directly to the USB port or are you using a USB hub?

live and direct