Amp/cabinet simulator patch?

I am interested in using my Organelle as a basic guitar amp/cabinet simulator. This way, I could use it as a “pedal platform amp” without needing to buy something like a Line 6 HX Stomp or a Headrush MX5 (or an actual amplifier). I would be able to plug the Organelle into the Front Of House for a live venue, and then plug my guitar (or my pedals) into the Organelle.

Downside: I don’t know if any such patches exist. Does anyone know of a patch like that?

Alternatively, do folks have ideas for how one could be MADE in PureData? I’ve never used PureData before, so I don’t know how hard it is to emulate a convolution reverb.

1 Like

There are things around but finding a very good sounding Saturation / distortion / amp sim in pd (or in digital in general) is very complicated… In my case, I got myself a used / cheap Zoom Ms-50. it has a subtle annoying 5.4 Khz noise, and it eats AA’s pretty quick… Still, it became essential for me to use between the guitar and the ORganelle.
Probably a better option would be to get an analog clean boost or a preamp or just a buffer pedal but then I would certainly miss some of the zoom goodies…

I guess you have checked out already the ‘ambient guitar’ patch ?

For Pd, you could check out also this library: DIY2 - Effects, Sample players, Synths and Sound Synthesis. | PURE DATA forum~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfqQct-swHU
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/gxwAvHkKOT0

1 Like

@ShallieDragon There’s the partconv~ external by Ben Saylor, which might be similar to what you’re looking for. User element-s on patchstorage pointed it out to me some time ago when I was looking for a convolution reverb. I used it for my Brownie patch to emulate the reverb of a well-known 60s guitar amp and found that it does a very good job. Nevertheless, it has to be said that it creates a certain amount of latency, which could be problematic for your use case.
There’s Shreeswifty’s New Convolver, which also uses partconv~: NEW CONVOLVER | Patchstorage - if I remember correctly, all you have to do is swap the files in the IR directory with your IRs and see if it does work for you or not.

1 Like

Excellent, thanks for the tip! I’ll give that a look and see how it goes.

1 Like