Audioflow~ is the best looper, like ever

avatars-000178724634-v5uys7-t500x500

audioflow~ takes an incoming signal and sends it to a delay~.;
It then sends the vd~ read signal to a looper as well as the delayed signal to the outlet.;
When record is pressed on the looper a sample record begins recording the vd~ read line.;It also is then sent to out.;
The direction either forward or back of the loop is controlled by the vector. So - speeds are played in reverse, and positive speeds are played forward.;
The pitch of the loop may also be controlled.;
The info: positional val is not a control and only shows the speed and direction of the loop.;
Each channel, raw, delay, and loop, may be mixed using the gain controls.;And an overall gain control is at the bottom
Notes: after you stop recording the loop begins to play automatically. And you can merely tap record again and play stops automatically.

We can have a contest for the Effect space on Page 4. 1Buck $ a vote :slight_smile:

3 Likes

this is fantastic!

so, on page one AUX starts and stops recording a loop. on page 2 AUX starts and stops the playback. then, Iā€™m a little confused about the ā€˜Startā€™ and ā€˜Stopā€™ on page 2 - they seems to stretch and squash the sample, essentially changing the speed, and the phase seems to do the same thing? is that right?

or, perhaps i broke another one. : P

(Checking EULA)
Yup, uninstall it. And do not even mention if you can use Barry White samples with the patch. I spent hours and hours with the Shree Law team and we worked out usage for Teddy Pendergrass and Lou Rawls but not Barry.

ā€œYouā€™ll never findā€ a better EULA

Yes you are correct about start/stop they are extra functions that adjust loop beginnings and endings that may get some math eventually. After the page 4 $1 lottery for effect inclusion. All proceeds going to the Stratford CT food bank for the poor. Seriously.

Pp

2 Likes

what would be really really cool is if there were controls to trim the starting and the ending point of the loop because itā€™s difficult to always start and stop recording accurately. there is a patch that does that i think. that was just a thought I had.

i will now uninstall and swallow my USB and then listen to Princeā€™s ā€˜Thereā€™s Joy in Repetitionā€™.

1 Like

But thatā€™s essentially what start and stop do

I see. I thought that might be what they did, but it seemed like they were stretching and squashing the sample rather than trimming it. Iā€™ll try again.

It changes where the recording begins and ends but it does it on the fly hence the whole ā€œflowā€ idea. Itā€™s never going to trim samples because the entire aesthetic of it is that the buffer is moving, dig? reaches for EULAā€¦

This is a strange beast, unlike any looper that Iā€™ve used before. Got some seriously interesting time stretched results out of it. Nice one Patrick.

currently, a big hole to hide from your army of lawyers brandishing big books of rules.

but I think I understand the patch better. itā€™s fun to stretch and squash and pitch bend and sometimes it goes really crazy.

so much cool stuff!

ā€œdigā€ is old person talk for ā€œyou feel me?ā€

4 Likes

hey! Iā€™ve been really loving audioflow~ for my past few jams this week.

What would I need to do to the patch to make it work with Orac?

i bet Iā€™d have to do something crazy but Iā€™m willing to try

Youā€™d have to talk to @thetechnobear

sorry, its unlikely Iā€™ll convert it, due to licensing issues.

Orac is available under a GPL license , which means that I can only distribute binaries where the source code origin is identifiable/available - so that a user could build it themselves.

Unfortunately this zip file contains a bunch of binaries (externals/libs) where this is unclear (and also the licenses of them) - so I would need to track these down and recompile them before starting to convert it to a module.

Im not saying this is hard, Iā€™m sure most would be easy enough to find/compile, but its just an extra step that means its not just a ā€˜quick conversionā€™.

note: this is a general case for modules that Id distribute with Orac. of course other developers are free to do this/ignore this as they wish :wink:

3 Likes

Hello,
This sounds great! Still need to get into it a little deeper.
One question, I donā€™t see how to quit the patch!?
Right now the only way would be disconnecting the Organelle :-/
Thanks for the helps Dear programmers!!!
And thanks for the great job you all do
Fred

OK I found it! :wink:

tell me how to track down these permissions! iā€™ll do it!

itā€™d be soooooo sick to have AudioFlow in an orac rack

2 Likes

isnā€™t there an audio sampler already in orac?

the dropbox link isnā€™t working anymoreā€¦very interested to try this patch!

2 Likes

same here. interested on the patch but not available :disappointed:

2 Likes