fluidLoops - soundfont player + 4track looper

ok, I have it (and fluid~) working on the organelle-m, and a process which means users will not have to bother with the previous fluid installer on the organelle-1 - win win :slight_smile:

simple answer:

@varicela , we’d need 2 small changes…

a) download this zip file and put its contents in the fluidloops patch directory - this contains the fluidsynth library and fluid~

(this is what we should do for all fluid~ patches in the future)

b) in your patch you refer to fluidPlayer - it should be fluidplayer
this is because whilst on usb sticks its not case sensitive, it is on sdcards (for both organelle-1 and organelle-m) … and your file is called fluidplayer.pd, so it needs to match.

slightly longer answer.

k, Id hope to take @WyrdAl files, and it would work… but it didn’t , as @shreeswifty had noted, it depends on ncursesw 6 , and we have ncursesw 5.9 - and this is hard linked into libfluidsynth.so
this is a pain, since potentially that means we need different versions of libfluidsynth.so for 1 and M

BUT I then downloaded the libfluidsynth thats compiled for the raspbian and found that that (correctly) does not link to ncurses at all…
(ncurses is a terminal lib, no reason for a sound library to link it in :wink: )

so what Ive done it taken that libfluidsynth.so and use that… which should work find on both 1 and M.

(so @WyrdAl you might also want to take this as well, from above zip file for your project to make it work on the M)

@oweno , I think we should take down the fluid installer, to at least make it not run on the organelle-m.
not sure where its best to host the above zip file, for developers to pick up as needed.
(my guess is once a few patches start using it, others will copy it from other patches)

8 Likes