Midi configuration help?

Hi all, been using Organelle for about 6 months now, loving it! Only have dipped my toes in PD, but that’s another story.
I know there are already some threads about using midi and advanced configurations which I read through, but I’m having some trouble wrapping my head around it. I’m not used to working with midi in depth, so I hope someone can explain it like I’m totally new to this…
Here is the set up I’m going for:
Using the Electribe Sampler 2 as a “brain” to control the organelle (channel 2) and a Make Noise 0 Coast (channel 1). Unfortunately, the usb on my Electribe is straight up broken (never worked well, even with other usb cables, probably just a bad unit), so I’m relying entirely on midi out. I’m using a Wersi midi to usb cable (https://www.amazon.co.uk/WERSI-AudioLink-OUT-Cable-UM-18/dp/B01G9D3LYI), which does work in connecting to the Organelle, but won’t send midi from the Electribe thru to the 0 Coast (0 Coast only receives the midi coming from the Organelle, not the midi channel 1 from the Electribe).
I also tried a Midi Solutions Quadra Thru, but that doesn’t seem to want to play nice with the Wersi cable.

I don’t mean to sound low effort, but is there a simple solution to this that I’m overlooking? I don’t mind learning more advanced midi config, but I have trouble seeing how to do it for my situation. I’m also not sure if it’s an issue concerning the Wersi cable or config on the Electribe or 0 Coast (although I think I have those correct, and have tried other settings).