Organelle chromatic wav player

Sorry if this is covered already or really simple but I am very new to pd.

Basically I want to make a pd patch similar to the chromatic sample player but instead of recording the input have a bank of pre loaded .wavs that could be selected with a knob, mostly samples of my synths etc. Each wav could essentially be a sound “patch” that would be selectable to be played on the keys, I guess a bunch of patches within patches ??? :).

Maybe kind of boring compared to its other real time processing capabilities but I think would be really useful, either with a loop pedal, or especially if you sent interesting midi cc to the wav selection knob, and automated the wav selection?

I am learning pd currently and saving slowly to get the organelle (soon!) so I will get to try it soon but I guess Im wondering if this is feasible at all?

thanks!

And you folks are amazing!

messed around with just replacing the wav file in the nori sampler so realizing in theory I could just make a new patch for each sound but that seems like a clunky solution. It would be more elegant to select sounds within the patch…still learning pd kind of not going so well :slight_smile: but really fun nonetheless!

If anyone has any suggestions hit me up!

1 Like

this seems imminently doable, but I don’t know how exactly… if I figure out how I’ll post it.

Hi there! Brand new to the forum, and I’ve only had my Organelle less than a week. I am pretty new with any kind of processing/synthesis as well - I’ve mostly worked with acoustic instruments.
I was going to post a new topic but I saw that one existed which is pretty similar to (or exactly) what I was going to ask.

I am curious if there is a sampler patch that can play a single .wav file chromatically across the keys in a time stretched manner.
Something akin to the Korg microSAMPLER or something similar as achieved with sampler in Ableton.

It seems totally possible, but I have no knowledge of PD, so maybe it’s not so easy.

I’m not so much looking for something that it is pitched to match the keys on a keyboard which would shorten or lengthen the sample away from it’s original length, but rather maintains the length of the original file. the Let’s say I have something like a tea kettle whistling and I want to play a chord, I want each note that is played in the chord to start and end at the same time - I guess I should also note that polyphony is important, as described here.

If it doesn’t exist, how hard could this be to make? I’m willing to try, but I am not sure where to start.