Organelle OS version 4.0

Hey gang, I just tried flashing the OS 4 image. Couldn’t get it to unzip with 7zip in windows 10. It gave CRC error. Downloaded the unzipped version and it flashed with balena etcher but would not boot. Was finally able to get the zipped version to unzip with WinRar. Trying to flash it again now. I’ll let you know how it goes. If it doesn’t work I’ll have to roll back I guess. I’ve seldom had this much trouble flashing an OS image to a disk. :frowning: I’m using the SD card that came with my Organelle M.

Hey @Christopher. I had the same issue trying to unzip the file and getting the CRC error. I followed the steps from @raflance posted above and that worked for me to unzip. Took a while and even had an error but I was able to resume and the downloaded just started right back up where it left off. After that I had no problem with etcher. Hope you get it to work out for you.

I’m on my third go with this method. First time it just froze at 100% and stayed there for quite a long time but maybe I didn’t wait long enough? Second time the upload failed. Now on my third time uploading. Fingers crossed!

it’s been over an hour now and extract.me is still frozen at 100%… I’m going to give it another 30 mins or so but I think this is a lost cause.

I tried extracting the zip file again, this time with WinZip and got the following error:

The size of the extracted file (7948206080) does not match the uncompressed size (3653238784) recorded in the Zip file.
Severe Error: File size doesn’t match uncompressed size.

Update: Apologies… this is my final ‘report’ on this. I guess I’m hoping that sharing this might help narrow down what the issue is?

CRC failed on the 3.2 zipped image img as well…I tried win32 Disk Imager with the uncompressed 4.0 image and it also says it wrote successfully but the Organelle won’t boot. Didn’t back anything up (not smart). Now it’s useless.

Hey @Christopher. I used a new 32 Gb card to flash the new firmware. Was all I had laying around and didn’t want to use the stock card for the same reason you are experiencing. Maybe try a new sd card? Extract.me did take a while to unzip the file. It failed for me once and I was able to click on the download and resume right where it left off. I would keep letting it go when it hits 100%. Don’t remember how long it took exactly but I would say at least an hour to unzip.

tried a bigger SD card with the uncompressed images @oweno provided. Still no love. Tried again with extract.me… it’s been 3 hours now. I’m giving up. I’ve spent all day trying to fix this. I’ll see if I can try on a friends mac but I really just wish I hadn’t started this process…

so I am back now.
could you post the link here or send it?
Thanks!

when I downloaded the zipped OG1-V4.0 version: after extracting it was only 3,4GB
But now your unzipped version is 7,4GB for both organelles.
Was this the error?

It’s actually closer to 7.95 GB

unzipping OG1-V4.0.img.zip should give you a file 7.95 GB in size. How are you extracting it?

Are you using WinZip? Sounds similar to the problem @Christopher was having

I’ll try to figure out what is wrong with the zipped versions. In the meantime, are you able to download and burn the unzipped versions?

@oweno: I used 7-zip and win-zip and had the same problems.
But right now I am downloading the uncompressed file which takes
hours…
I will be back for reporting!

@oweno I had issues with the zip files but also the full disk images. They would appear to flash successfully using Balena Etcher but would not boot.

@tubmub2 when I unzipped the file using extract.me, as my other options gave me a CRC error, the total size of the unzip was saying 7.4gb. Once the file uncompressed and I went to flash in etcher, the file size was showing 7.9gb. Figured I will just flash and see what happens and everything is working fine.

So I downloaded the unzipped version and burned it with balenaEtcher
on a 16 GB card: During booting the organelle1 stops at 99% and
stays there for hours :frowning:

One day later:
success!
I formated the sd card new with slow formating process on windows. Burned the image again with balenaEtcher and it worked!!!
OS 4 is running now.
Even “Deterior” patch is now working properly.
:slight_smile:

Hello. I have the exact same problem. using Balne Etcher on mac and windows with 32g mSD

what is the solution?

I had to use a windows pc to do it. My mac (catalina) would’t write the card properly.

Just wanted to update. I was able to get the image to write properly using ‘dd’ from my linux laptop. Absolutely nothing I tried from Windows would write a bootable image.

Since updating the VU meters in Orac are not working at all. Is anyone else experiencing this? I have the Organelle 1.

I’m also looking for a way to edit the compressor on the mother patch and can’t find it anywhere. I know I’m probably asking questions that have been asked a million times.

Hello, after installing OS 4.0 (which seems to be great btw!)
I realized orac 2.0 had an issue. Fortunately @thetechnobear gave us kindly a workaround with the mother.pd included on this page.
One thing though is that I don’t see anymore Is the media/orac/usermodules/synth page I used to install new patches for orca. Now I don’t seem to be able to install additional patches.
I reinstalled twice both OS4.0 and orac 2.0 and same issue.
Does anyone know how to install new patches for ORAC 2.0, please?

Best regards

oh god this whole thread sound like a nightmare, we’ll see if we get there

Hey,
On organelle 1.
I’ve got the same “stuck at 99%” problem, tried on Mac Sierra and on Windows 8 (i think), same results.
I followed the instructions both times. Maybe it’s the SD card, 32gb supposed to be “class10”.
each time when ending the image mounting i had a weird message like it was missing something, but the mounting was supposed to be successfull.
The old card with 3,1 still works.
if someone is seeing all this a bit clearly …

Thanx