What should I do while I wait for my new Organelle M to arrive?

Hey everyone, excited to be a part of this community!

Just purchased a new Organelle M and can’t wait for it to arrive. It’s been a few years since I’ve messed with PD, but feel confident jumping back into it. Anyways any ideas on what I should do while I wait? Any specific videos or tutorials I should watch to prepare? Should I start diving into PD or wait for it to arrive?

1 Like

Maybe browse around this forum and patchstorage and download a bunch of user patches that look cool. You could also check out C&G’s vids on how to create and edit patches on the organelle

1 Like

Yes, great gateway between PD and the organelle’s system.

Skip this if you feel confident with PD, but Rafael Hernandez’s tutorials were a great starting point for me.

Also, If you intend on programming modules for Orac (and you should :slight_smile:) there are a couple videos on how to create a module and how to convert a patch to a module. But I’d probably focus on simpler things first, to get comfortable with the Organelle itself.

Also, I would recommend focusing on a few patches at the beginning, and expanding slowly, taking your time to enjoy the ride. (but maybe that’s just me!)

1 Like

If you are also into reading, more than watching videos,
there are several options. Designing sound by Andy Farnell it’s awesome, specially if you like synthesis and recreating sounds
http://write.flossmanuals.net/pure-data/introduction2/ it’s quite a reference. And covers different aspects of what can be done with pd. There are many more options (including Miller puckette’s book “theory and technique…”) and also books in other languages.