Modules for the Orac

Thank you - and my bad, it’s in the instructions on patch storage I apologize for missing that. B2 did it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey everybody, I’ve just uploaded a new module to Patchstorage called Recycler.

This is delay module that I designed with the idea of re-shaping the feedback loop in a couple of different ways. My initial idea was to use it to create textural / rhythmic results out of simple percussive loops but it ended up becoming my go-to delay in Orac since I can tweak the feedback signal just a bit (like adding a touch of sample rate reduction and LPF) to make it sound more interesting than standard digital delays.

I plan on adding some more things in future versions but since I was sitting on this module for a little while I figured I’d just release a 1.0 so you guys can check it out.

9 Likes

I’m guessing this isn’t possible but have to ask, is there a way to modify Transport module to make the swing only affect certain chains?

I’m sorry @TheDeadFarmer i don’t remember enough details about how i patched the Transport module, it may be sending 2 (or more) types of clock simultaneously : i guess one with 24 PPQ (with swing and chaos applied, probably named 24ppq or master-ticks) and one with 360 PPQ. If it does, it should mean that only one has swing applied so you could only adapt the desired target modules to receive the 360 one instead of the 24 PPQ, but i’m not 100% sure… (look for the sends into the Transport module patch, it should be easy to check) that’s a good idea though, i would work on this if i could… :v::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Here’s a TB-303 style synth module for ORAC based on @shreeswifty’s clone patch.
Main differences are that I made it monophonic (mostly to save some CPU), renamed some parameter and added octave selector.
It’s a simple but fun lil module to have in Orac, specially when combined with sequencers like pinkMode.

It’s still a bit CPU hungry because there’s quite a bit of optimisation that could be done to this patch but I’ll leave that for another day.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot it sounds great ! If I could have one suggestion. It would be to have a bit more resolution on the enveloppes stages. Like 0 to 100 instead of 0 to 10. I don’t know how hard it is to implement tho Otherwise it’s a very useful module ! :+1:

This patch is amazing ! Thanks a lot !

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I just made a 1.1 version which is MUCH quieter and has a built in filter.

1 Like

This router module has 6 separate chains whose outgoing midi can be muted with the first 6 mute buttons of the Korg NanoKontrol. The first 4 module slots are separate chains, and then two sets of 3 for the final two chains. This hasn’t been thoroughly tested, but seems to be working well. Hope this comes in handy for some nk users!
Thanks to @thetechnobear for invaluable guidance and support :slight_smile:

edit: sorry to any who tried this and got hanging notes - I thought I had patched the solution properly but apparently not. Should be working now! Also fixed mutes going to wrong chains.
1 Like

the pink mode sequencer is rad! thanks for making it - any way to make it work with the transport module?

Is anyone aware of a patch or ORAC module that will do a rhythmic gate? I’m thinking of something like Polybeats, but instead of playing a note it ducks audio. Seems like 4 envelopes synced to a division of global BPM could be pretty interesting. Noodling on ideas to build something myself, but something better may well be out there.

I oddly just found out about U-Notegen and I’m in love with this patch. This is exactly what I was looking for so thanks so much !
I’m having an issue with my Organelle M though. It seems that notes will be triggered only if I put a mono synth after it in Orac (like analog mono or brds mono). If I put a poly synth after it (brds, analog style etc…), notes aren’t triggered. Midi notes do get sent out and it works fine with a external polysynth.
Am I missing something ?

Thanks again for all your awesome work :raised_hands:

1 Like

You might be using the orac 1.0 one (called U-notegen instead of just notegen).
You can grab an updated orac 2.0 one here:
https://github.com/adbrant/orac2_modules/raw/master/package/notegen.zip

That’s probably why ! I know where to find your 2.0 modules now. Thanks dude ! Again, fantastic patch

this is incredible to have the visual mixer for all channels! great job!

is it possible to change the input on this so the levels aren’t read as soon as the corresponding knob is touched? if i’m trying to fade channels in and out, when i start to turn the knob it jumps immediately to whatever level the knob is at usually resulting in a jarring volume jump for the channel. ideally, this wouldn’t start reading or adjusting the levels until the knob was turned to the current setting. make sense?

anyways, again these patches are phenomenal… really top stuff.

1 Like

these still working files? would love to try these but organelle keeps saying no files when i run install on the .zop files.

thanks!

Do you mean the .zip files?
Since ORAC is cross-platform I didn’t put in scripts to install to the usermodules folder, you need to manually unzip these to the right folder.

sorry. i should have been more specific. the files in your github link @ adbrant/orac_dev/pkg/ are all in .zop format. i guess i just need to change to .zip and install manually. thanks!!!

You can get orac 2.0 versions of most of those at: https://github.com/adbrant/orac2_modules/tree/master/package
The ones I haven’t ported might work with 2.0 but better to go with the updated ones if available.

Hi, thanks! :slight_smile:

Yes i guess that’s possible, i think i did it on other graphic modules i shared, but it would require some work … unfortunately i’m inactive and i can’t look into it to help at the moment :confused:

I hope you’ll be able to figure it out :v: