Modules for the Orac

Thanks you very much @electrafa!! Actually it did help me a lot. I didn’t know about the 2 save functions, I thought i could only save from the Orac menu (i’m a beginner user of Orac). Thanks again! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pink Mode for Orac. Bug fixes and a better .zop file.

Here’s the Link

version 1.4 updated screen printing and functionality ::))

6 Likes

Hey everybody!
I just got my hands on an Organelle-M a couple of weeks ago and I’ve finally started to work on some stuff for it.
So far I’ve created two modules for ORAC:

They’re both relatively simple modules but I’ve been having quite a bit of fun using them in Orac.

Btw, thank you for your incredible work @thetechnobear.

8 Likes

Distributor rec for Orac would be really awesome. Anyone thinking of converting it into an orac module ? thanks !

There’s a problem with UI redraw. Sometimes when switching to this module it works, but the sequencer grid is not displayed. Moreover, if you put new notes, they will be displayed. This happens quite randomly. Here’s a video: https://youtu.be/r33g6zSEGEg

are you using the newest version of the Pink Mode Orac Module?

@chrisk yes, I downloaded it a few days ago from the patchstorage. And I checked the manifest - I’m on the latest version.

@Tolsi - thanks. Are you on OS4.0 and Orac 2.0?

@chrisk yes, I bought the device a few days ago and installed all the latest versions of firmware and modules.

Hi!

So my one outstanding ORAC “need” is a way to sync with an audio pulse. I’m planning to start learning PD to try and figure this out myself, but I figured it would be worth checking here first to make I haven’t overlooked an extant way to do this (and to see if anyone has any general pointers or advice on tackling baby’s first module)?

In case the intended context effects anything, my specific goal is to sync my organelle M to my DFAM by running the DFAM’s trigger output into one channel of the Organelle’s audio input.

My current method for syncing the two is panning a chain containing the click module (with its click replaced by a recorded sample of the DFAM’s Trigger) completely to the left, and everything else completely to the right. I then use an adapter to split the stereo signal into two mono signals and run the left click channel into the DFAM’s ADV/CLOCK input, and the right synth/etc channel into my interface (etc).

This works quite well, but it prevents me from using both output channels for separate audio output (I would love to use one for bass/synth and the other for vocal processing), which I assume would be possible if the organelle was clocked to the DFAM instead of the other way around.

Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom!

Hey guys. I got an Organelle M last fall, and have been mostly using it for Orac ever since. I’ve mostly been making wacky modules for personal use, but just made the first one that I feel others might have a use for. I tried to recreate an oscillator section from Moog’s Subharmonicon. Check it out here: https://patchstorage.com/subharmonicosc/

4 Likes

I’m enjoying this subharm patch but how can I lower the output volume in pd? Everything is way too loud and have to turn all the volume parameters and organelle main volume right down

@Fuzzy_spacebear:
put a [*~ 0.5] (gain control) before the [throw~ out]'s and try other values if it’s still too loud… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry going to have to break it down clearly.
Its an orac module:
module.json
module.pd
(These don’t seem to be the culprit)
subharmoniconOSc.pd

The subharmoniconOSC.pd has 3 [~] when I added 0.5 to those it didnt change the volume output.
Should I add another gain control that all 3 must go into the newly created [
~0.5]?

yes, something like this: Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 5.01.40 PM

Thanks for the help, went down to 0.05. Still loud but manageable Subharmonicosc.zip (2.1 KB)
Note that this is for ORAC and I don;t know how to create zop so,
Needs to be extracted in /patches
and then moved to media/orac/usermodules/whereeveryouputsynths

1 Like

Hey just want to say thanks for these all again, I’m finally getting some time with them and they are really rad. The Fusion module is killer. I’m noticing whenever I load filtration it seems to slow everything down, even though when I check the cpu using the aux button on grids it’s below 60% - any reason that might be? It’s an awesome filter! At first I thought the envelope didn’t do anything but then I turned the resonance up to 100 and I was loling at how much fun it is :joy:

1 Like

Thank you @TheDeadFarmer :slight_smile:
i patched Filtration in a way that takes a lot of CPU, i think it’s caused by the refreshing rate for the graphics or the enveloppe, i can’t remember exactly but i think it comes from [env~] objects, for that i’ve made it running in a separate pd process so it’s smooth on the Organelle M but must give bad results on the original one… i would like to update it but unfortunately i can’t for now, the patch should be easy to look at (beside the fact that it’s multiprocessed), feel free to dig inside and share your work on it if you wish! :v:

1 Like

Thanks! One more question - would it be possible to make the Transport (clock module) send Midi clock and Transport out via the USB? There are just so many cool sequencers that work with it that I’d love to be able to use with other gear. Maybe @oweno could help, I’m thinking it would work similar to how the updated seq-3 clock and sequencers worked. As the module already sends start/stop to the orac modules, it would just be a matter of sending it out externally…

1 Like

I’m almost sure that the Transport module does this already, it should send midi start, stop, continue and the clock (but not the signature setting i don’t think so) but i don’t know if it does via midi TRS only or USB also, i couldn’t try it much with other gear, you would need to press B2 to activate midi out first… once again i can’t confirm but i remember i did work on this. I hope you’ll find a way :v: