Orhack (beta)

gen-loss is on it’s way for the next orhack update, it’s mostly done except for the overdrive/eq section, and some fine tuning. It’s already awesome sounding but I want to figure out something tasteful for the overdrive section :wink:

1 Like

what do you mean by “midlly overclocked”? Did you have to install a heat sink?

Yes, here you can see how the heat sink was installed.

heh, not quite up to doing that yet, but maybe in the future :slight_smile:

I’ll try to report back performance on a standard organelle M. I have some racks where orac gets grumpy

I’ve found using as many multi core patches as possible helps with it running a lot more smooth

1 Like

I just tried on the organelle-1 and it works!
I think just the new drum module almost maxes it out and the UI is a bit laggy with the init patch.
If I swap it out it for another module it gets better.
Loading the JAM preset pretty much locks it up the UI though. Unfortunately multicore patches are generally pretty bad for the og-1.
Looking forward to using it some more!

2 Likes

Thats a great news!

I’m not surprised the new drum module is making the organelle-1 lag as it’s basically 8x Plaits modules + 1 stereo Ringverb + distortion and bitcrush all-in-one.

But this means that maybe I can work on a more compact version of “Fission” for organelle-1 users…

Oh, I just gave drummy a very quick spin ( on my way to a weekend of five or six saxophone gigs). That’s a very very nice sequencer - I’m not a fan of step sequencers ususally but I like that one. I’m not getting any visual feedback on the mute keys (maybe I wasn’t paying attention to that bit of the video well enough).

Have you put the code up in github (or gitlab)? It’d be really good if you did.

1 Like

Thanks, the performance mutes are currently available only on the drum sequencer “Overdrum”, while on the melodic sequencer they still need some work because they where causing some hanging notes, I’ll make sure to fix that for the next update.

About Github, I have not since all I did is some messy PD patching, I didn’t write any code nor modified any ORAC externals KontrolRack/KontrolModule, so I don’t see the point but maybe you can give me a good reason why I should. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ve been trying to uploading more of my patches to GitHub just for version control and its a good way to know what has been added and removed from each revision. I don’t think it is necessary tho. Also if you ever want to showcase your work, it is all in one place!

2 Likes

Putting it up on github is great for being able to audit and also really useful for other people being able to understand what you’ve gone. Plus issue tracker plus some release management features.

Had so much fun exploring 0RHACK.
I experienced some issues using the multitrack recoring feature. I have a setup with 3x plaits+, 1x fission, a stereodelay and the standard ringverb on P1. After starting the mulitrack recording on F3 it runs fine for 50 seconds or so but then it glitches and crashes completely. I have the same issue when starting the multirack recording on the jam-preset.

1 Like

I didn’t get those issues but maybe because i’m running an overclocked unit…
However I can optimise that, right now it’s recording at 32 bit depth, which is a bit overkill, I can reduce that to 24 bit and also disable the stereo master channel when recording multitrack is enabled, I’ll do this asap and let you know once it’s released!

2 Likes

Done version 0.2b is up on patchstorage. :slightly_smiling_face:

CHANGELOG
– Fixed Transport midi start/stop signals for external gear (it was set for OP-1 which works differently from standard)
– Optimised CPU usage for multitrack recording.

@arkanisgath please let me know how it runs now!
@T8R also as you use external midi gear this should fix the start/stop.

3 Likes

Now it doesn’t crash but after every minute or so the audio cracks and glitches badly. When monitoring the cpu usage via the main menu (settings → info) while recording, it never jumps over 70%. Most of the time its stable at 40%. But i don’t know if these numbers are relevant (sorry i have zero knowlege of PD). The recorded audio sounds fine, but when the glitches appear you can hear that in the recording as well (i uploaded a small example, you hear the glitch after a few seconds then the audio slows down and catches up to normal tempo again). I hope its not an individual error i get. I have a freshly installed organelle m (firmware 4.1). Maybe someone in the forum can try it as well.
Thanks for responding so quickly. Apart from this patch is amazing, already had hours of fun with it!
orhack.zip (607.7 KB)

From the audio sample you’ve posted that doesn’t sound like an audio buffer type glitch, I can hear the entire sequence speeding up with the glitch.

I’t would be useful if you can share the preset folder, so I can dig deeper on what is causing this…

I’ve never experienced such issue, maybe is some combination of modules you’re using, it’s important to place the sequencer modules (Overdrum & Overflow) in the first slot of each bank. It could also be some other module interfering with the transport module.

Are you using only stock Orhack modules?

It could also be an issue with the SD card, I’m using a Lexar high performance 64GB micro-sd card, which I believe is a bit faster than the stock one. It might be a good Idea to replace the stock SD card, it costs peanuts but plays a very important role in the Organelle!

1 Like

I’m just using orhack stock plugins in the right order. Thought about the micro SD card as well. Im using rhe stock one. I’ll replace it with a faster one and report If that fixes it.

Another little bug fix on version 0.21b

– Fixed performance mutes graphics not appearing on “Overdrum”.

2 Likes

Switched the micro SD to a 32GB San Disk Extreme Plus.
Now everything works fine. Tried it on a heavy setup with 3x Plaits+, Overdrum and lots of effects. Recorded 5min multitrack without glitches.

2 Likes