basic idea is:
- install this on organelle
- install a VNC client on your desktop/laptop
( macOS already has ‘Screen Sharing’ that you can use, windows/linux has loads of free ones including realVNC/tightVNC etc)
then to use simply:
- start VNC on your organelle
- connect to your organelle from your computer
from there its the same as using and monitor/keyboard directly to the Organelle.
so start a patch and it will automatically appear start pure data with a GUI.
- like running a patch with the GUI on directly on the organelle (with monitor/keyboard) , it will affect performance.
- a good wifi connection is required, otherwise you might find the display not updating as quickly as you want.
- its possible to reduce the quality/size of the GUI to help reduce data requirements over wifi, but I leave that to the user
if you use this and have any tips on using it for others users please include them on this thread
– download ZOP file, and transfer to Organelle patch directory (do NOT attempt to unpack it!)
– on organelle, select “Install TigerVNC”
– wifi connection working
– VNC client on your desktop/laptop
(macOS already has screen sharing, other platforms many available free including TightVNC, RealVNC, TigerVNC)
– start wifi as normal
– start VNCServer
System -> Extras -> TigerVNC
(on your desktop/laptop)
– start your vnc client, and connect with :
address of organelle : organelle:5901
password : coolmusic
(if the hostname “organelle” does not work, on a mac try organelle.local, and if all else fails use the organelle’s IP address , found in settings->info)
vncserver will continue to run in background until you restart your organelle.