basic idea is:
- install this ‘patch’ on organelle
- install a VNC client on your desktop/laptop
(see following post)
then to use simply:
- start Wifi on your organelle (Settings->wifi setup)
- start VNC on your organelle (Extra->StartVNC)
- connect to your organelle from your computer
from there its the same as using and monitor/keyboard directly to the Organelle.
so start a patch and it will automatically appear start pure data with a GUI.
- like running a patch with the GUI on directly on the organelle (with monitor/keyboard) , it will affect performance.
- a good wifi connection is required, otherwise you might find the display not updating as quickly as you want.
- its possible to reduce the quality/size of the GUI to help reduce data requirements over wifi, but I leave that to the user
if you use this and have any tips on using it for others users please include them on this thread
1.0 release for organelle-m and organelle-1
– download ZOP file, and transfer to Organelle patch directory (do NOT attempt to unpack it!)
– on organelle, select “Install StartVNC”
– wifi connection working
– VNC client on your desktop/laptop
Using : (on your desktop/laptop)
– start your vnc client, and connect with
host/address : organelle:5901
password : coolmusic
host/address : organellem:5901
name : music
password : music
(see below for troubleshooting if this does not work)
note: vncserver will continue to run in background until you restart your organelle.
on the Organelle-m you will find a small VNC icon in the bottom right, this you can use to ‘stop the vnc server’
note: the above is updated for the newer StartVNC patch which supports both organelle-1 and organelle-m